PREACTOR 400 GMPS
What is GMPS?
For companies who are in a volatile, make to stock environment and require a dependable method to enable cost reduction, GMPS delivers the convenience of spreadsheets but with the added bonus of interactive graphs to give the user full control over the results. Widely used spreadsheet methods are notoriously unsupported, but are relied upon to produce long term MPS data that in turn dictate volumes for purchasing. Switch to GMPS and get a supported system, reliable planning of large amounts of data, whether constrained or not, flexibility of ‘What if’ scenarios and a proved system that delivers true cost reduction where it matters.
More About GMPS
Preactor 400 GMPS (Graphical Master Production Schedule), is an essential tool for companies who want to enhance competitiveness, increase profits and improve customer service. The problems which frequently challenge the management of fast moving consumer group companies (FMCGs) include unnecessary high stock levels of both finished product and raw material and the possibility of this stock reaching its sell-by date before being consumed. Effective purchasing of economic quantities of raw materials and timely use of this raw material is key to reducing one of the greatest production problems.
KEY GMPS FEATURES
- Make to stock, make to order or mix of the two
- Finite or Infinite capacity modes
- Shared capacity across product families
- User defined stock control parameters by product
- Automatic MPS calculation with manual override
- Takes shelf life into account
- Warning given on stock going out of life
- Takes account of re-order multiples
- Planning Bill of Materials
- Standard and user defined reports
- Links directly to Preactor APS products for detailed scheduling
Preactor 400 GMPS typically processes raw demand data. Its output is the input to MRP. The output of MRP is then input to Preactor FCS/APS. You might ask why GMPS is used instead of MRP. This is because:-
BENEFITS OF GMPS
- Preactor 400 GMPS can apply capacity constraints
- Preactor 400 GMPS can deal with highly variable demand due to seasonality, weather, promotions etc
- Preactor 400 GMPS can handle shelf-life issues
Preactor 400 GMPS can be used in make-to-stock or make-to-order environments but they are used differently.